Sunday, July 1, 2007

Another simple recipe

I was making lunch today, and my third child came up to me and asked if I had "invented" the recipe. I had to admit, no I had not. I couldn't say who invented it because it is so simple that any home cook could have come up with it. I had never really heard of it either. I just kind of threw it together myself. But if you're looking for something super easy, ready in 10 minutes or so and enjoyed by the kids (the 7 yo ate 3 plates full!) here you go!

1 pkg of dry fusili
3 italian sausages
1 large onion
1 tbsp butter
1.5 cups of chicken stock (low sodium boxed stuff will do)

Cook the fusili according to directions on the package.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet, rough dice the onion. Sauté the onion enough to soften the onions. Remove the skin of the sausages. Add to the onions and crush with a large fork to crumble. Stir quickly then add the stock. Bring to a boil and let simmer until the fusili is cooked. The stock should have reduced and thickened some. If you wanted to do so, you could add a bit of spinach or small brocoli florets.

Drain the fusili once it is cooked. Toss with the sauce and serve immediately.

Enjoy. I know my kids do! :D