Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Well, I'm going into business...

With my home responsibilities, it is really difficult to juggle in a full-time job (or even a part-time one) into our crazy hectic schedules. My bosses can't fire me because I do a good job. At the same time they can't give me the hours I need because there is just not enough business during the hours I'm available to work. So I'll put up my own shingle.

I know. I know. Owning your own business is even more work than working for someone else. All the paperwork. Taxes. Employees - should I ever get big enough to need more than myself as an employee... At the same time, I can have the kids with me while I work once school is out - something that any other employer would seriously frown upon. I'd work more, but I'd be working on my schedule rather than someone else.

Plus, I've always had too much salesman in me to just stay behind the wall and hide as a cook. I am after all a chef. Ok, I haven't done my apprenticeship yet but it's all a matter of heart I say.

So here goes. If anyone is interested, I have cookies for sale. Fresh "homemade" cookies. I'm working on some recipes still, however I have nailed:
  • Decorated Sugar Cookies
  • Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Oatmeal Cookies

I also make cookie lollipops for cookie bouquets.

Please contact me for a price list and to place an order.





Please forgive my camera, it doesn't do my cookies justice.